ANIMATIC RYAN AND BELLA:


MAKING OF:

(Including storyboards)

    

3D TURNAROUNDS- RYAN THE DOG (DEMO REEL): 

Bit of a glitch, it finishes at 30 seconds and appears to be a bit smaller than I thought it was.


ADDITIONAL ANIMATICS (EXPLAINED AND STORYBOARDS IN UNTOLD STORIES CHAPTER):

 
 WHAT DOES HE DO ALL DAY? SHORT POSE WORK ANIMATIC (NOT IN MAKING OF):

 
Title of Project: Ryan & Bella

The concept of this project is to show the relationship between pets, more specifically between my two dogs, Ryan and Bella. The idea is to show a sibling like bond, how a puppy comes along into a dogs life and slowly throughout the day, the older dog takes them under their wing. This is a metaphor for a lot of things, like being at school, being anywhere for the first time, having siblings or just having a friend take you under their wing after a bit of resentment or uncertainty. The story I want to tell about my dogs is special to me, because these two were such a dynamic duo, the perfect story; the purebred and the runt of the litter. I knew I wanted to make these two in 3D when I started animating and building in Maya. I really wanted to capture their spirit and have them be able to live on through a short story with a few true elements put in there. Their stories always amuse people, especially Ryan. He was such an amazing character I knew putting him into 3D was necessary. I wanted to show some of these short stories through 3D animation with a toony style and a fun theme running throughout.

The goals for the Minor project for me have varied a bit throughout. My personal goal was to get a dog character modelled and ready for rigging. If I didn't have so many issues with trying to make a more achievable story rewrite then maybe I would have gotten a lot further in the way of 3D work. I would have liked to have props modelled, if I had a clear chosen story. But one of my goals was to have an achievable, fun story to make in 3D. I feel I achieved that, even if some of them were not agreed on in the end, I still feel a lot of them have potential to be fun pieces of work to take further. So I haven't achieved everything I truly set out to, due to complications in story writing and the amount of stories I have come up with around these characters are present in my Making of Document, because I feel they should not be dismissed- I still spent a lot of time going through journeys with my characters. In short, I didn't achieve everything I set out to, but I have a fully modelled, ready to rig dog- and for that I couldn't be prouder.