This week it has been my goal to come up with a few ideas to discuss with Alan and find a new path to go down. So I've been trying to have more fun with it and make it as enjoyable as I can for myself to see the project through. I've stepped into wanting to design vehicles like cars- something I had a lot of fun as when I was young and something I've reignited since driving a lot in recent years. So I'm playing around with these ideas- doing some (very rough, initial) sketches to spark some more ideas.

Only one of these ideas (4) really has a deeper meaning to it, which I really, really like, but I like most of these ideas. I think all of them could be pretty fun.

I did aim to make a mind map but it just didn't make sense to me. So here's a list instead:

1. Energy Drinks as Cars (Who would win the race?)

Initial sketches, based on real cars to get a starting point in motion.



-Monster energy, speeds ahead quickly

-Lucozade, classic racer, puts up a decent race

-Original (Offbrand) Energy, crash and burn

-Sneak, decent speed, great race technique

-Coffee, slow and steady wins the race

-Moose Juice, would barely take off from the starting line, burnout

Thinking about it, I feel like a few, if not all of them would either crash, or tie, to show they're all as bad as each other- but do a good job in caffeinating someone if you want them to!

2. Toy Cars, Made to drivable scale, How would this work/look.

The initial idea here was hot wheels, as real life cars, how would this look? What would happen?



3. A Car built by: Willy Wonka

This could be a really fun idea to carry out, a car made of sweets inside and out- wrappers to design and fun assets to build. 

4. My Final Drive: Narration piece, POV Driving a Car Down a Never-Ending Street, A piece around mental health/depression/anxiety.

This idea would follow a narrator driving their car, down a never ending street, past obstacles symbolising struggles through their life, the car is beaten up (what we have on the outside doesn't always reflect whats on the inside), inside the car is a mess of different things the narrator wants to achieve, things that make them happy and make them, them. The voices get louder and louder as they drive down this street, voices that taunt them, remind them whats bad, and some that are good, a cluster of audible confusion until suddenly we cut to black, everything stops. And just like that, it's over. Sometimes anxiety comes in waves and can come and go, you ride it out like a wave, and sometimes it gets the better of you. I think a lot of people have experienced this within the past year- and some people experience it regardless. 

5. Spoof Advert, Drinks as Cars for sale. 

Relating back to idea 1, but following more of an advert layout with a few cars, instead of a race.

6. Coffee chains as cars/vehicles. 

Similar to idea 1, with the energy drinks as cars, the idea of big brand coffee chains like Starbucks and Costa could be fun to play around with.




7. How different energy drinks affect the drive, relating to idea 4, how drinking a different energy drink/drink in general affects what we do or see when we drive.