This project has been by far the one I have struggled with the most and it really knocked my confidence. I'm pretty disappointed with myself, and with the final result- I don't feel as achieved as I want to. Working in a group has been beneficial to learning how to function as an individual, but in a team setting. I do not feel as if I did as good as I could have with this project, if I'm being brutally honest I had a really rough time with it and it got the better of me when I shouldn't have let it. Despite this, I have learned a lot about animation and how much of a hassle it can be, especially under pressure, this is not to say I didn't enjoy animating- I enjoy this part. Alongside this I enjoy modelling, it is possible that I ended up focusing more on the designs and how these props would be built rather than the animation itself, I strayed away a little bit with this and therefore lost animation time. As a group, I feel our communication got better towards the end of the project and we realised that we had to really come together as a team- we are all strong individuals and looking back on the project I feel this may have been an issue for us that we didn't realise. We also struggled to settle on an achievable idea for a story, every scene of ours took place on a different set, in a different stage of 'Mooms' life, combine that idea with 6 skits and we're looking at 6 variations of Moom, 6 sets and who knows how many props. I didn't really take this into consideration because the timeframe felt like more than what it was- I also ended up getting really flustered with the entire thing because alongside the collaboration there were classes and 4 other projects to be done, it's fair to say we overestimated ourselves as a group and I definitely overestimated the amount I could do this term.

The positive outcomes of this, despite being disappointed with the final result of the collaboration, is that I do understand how to function better in a team, which I thought would be near impossible for me. I would be more open in the future to take more of a leadership role to try and get a grip on things better- and make more decisions. I need to learn to be more vocal, and going forward I will take this onboard, I need to be more present in myself. I also feel as though I have learned a lot about animation in itself, and I'd like to take the time to practice and better figure out timings- because I feel my poses are not too bad. The ideas are there, the execution could be better with more time. (I also feel I managed to produce a pretty decent walk cycle in 3D, despite the timing being a little bit fast!)

If I were to do this project again, I'd really consider the timeframe properly, plan that out, split the work based on who is more confident at which part and consider the reality of modelling and animating a 3D short. (Example: using the same set, less key props, recurring characters of the same age.) I'm annoyed for not realising these things sooner, but I'm glad that I at least know these things now, to put them into future practice.